Welcome to my blog !

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Convey my regards


What do you tell a person who you been told to 'convey their regards' to? Do you say ' Hey! Alpha told me to convey his regards to you' or that 'Alpha was asking about you' and how is this person supposed to respond? 'Convey my regards back to Alpha'?

Now that makes me a messenger service carrying awkward 'convey my regards' messages.And... what if I forgot to convey a 'convey my regards' message. God forbid when the two conveying parties meet and find out I forgot to do so.That puts me right on the spot.

When you are a click or a phone call away from conveying your regards to a person,ages away from carrier pigeons and postmen doing the philanthropic service, why use such obsolete phraseology at all? Another phraseology dies a silent death.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this cos I asked you to "Say hello to Mr.You-know-who"? :P

Prasad BMG said...

I would never again make a mistake of conveying "My regards".. to your Mr thru you!

Please give me your hubby's mail id. I will convey my Regards to him directly.
Meanwhile could you Please tell me..whether I have to copy you in that mail? .. B-)

mindmidget said...

@Swaroop : I "conveyed" ur regards to him n he said Ava Kedavra...This is what happens to the regards carrier ;)

@Prasad : Ummm...well...He says Hi to u too:)